Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Media Discussion » 2016 Avarician Reading Challenge -COMPLETE-

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Lissy

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:41 am  

So since Ernya went kaput, I thought I'd start the annual thread up since I know a few of us used it a lot. The official Reading Challenge is on GoodReads. They even keep statistic on how many people are participating, and how many books have been read. But you don't have to do that if you don't have an account, or just don't want to. You can keep track on here.

How to Join
Start reading!

You can make one post that you keep updated with a list
Example:

Quote:
Lissy's Reading Log
2/50 Read
#1 - Doctor Who: The Price of Paradise (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #12) by Colin Brake
#2 - The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

Or you can just post with an update.
Example:

Quote:
I got a few more books finished! So far so good this year, only 35 to go.

#13 - The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
#14 - Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
#15 - If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman

Goals

Your goal can be whatever you want. If you don't normally read, you can set it to 6 books (1 every other month), or maybe 12. You can do the average challenge which is 50. If you read a lot you can go even higher. My highest read in a year so far was 96. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Links

Official Challenge is here: https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/3890-2016-reading-challenge
And I'm right here if you want to add me: https://www.goodreads.com/Anyrissa

Last edited by Lissy on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total  

Lissy

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:42 am  

So for me, so far I'm 0/50. Which according to their little counter, is 3 books behind schedule.
But a lot of my books are packed up still from moving. /lame

slapthefatcat

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:53 am  

When did Ernya go kaput? I had an account on there but gave everything to my friend since she was much more active there than I was.
I can try the challenge, but I doubt I would get very far.

Image courtesy of my dear friend xellphy @ deviantart.com and Tumblr.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:34 am  

I think I'll try this out! I'm awful at completing books because I'm so ADD and get easily distracted. I'll take them along with me to trips and to read at slow conventions when I'm vending but I always get so distracted by the noises and movement around me that I end up putting it down to people watch. :/

Lissy

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:17 pm  

Slapthefatcat; Sometimes around December it just up and disappeared.

Bobbi; Yeah, me too. That's why I usually read at night before bed.

Fauxreal
Assistant Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:12 pm  

Fauxreal's Reading list!

1. The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

Last edited by Fauxreal on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Never moon a werewolf.

Have you checked out the contest?! LOOK FOR IT!

Maro
Item Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:47 pm  

oooh this is tempting to do ovo

Lissy

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:55 pm  

You could always just set a goal for 12. Nothing wrong with going over if you get into it. I always set mine at 50, and I usually go over.

The whole goal of them starting this was to get people reading after all. Even if it is only comics and magazines. Just keeping literacy alive.

Maro
Item Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:11 pm  

i think i might set up for this soon then ^^

serena yuy

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:49 pm  

I might try to do something like this. I admit I do read, but I'm just not one to stay on track or read constantly ^^" But would be worth a shot to try this year and see how many I get to.

o.o i ♥ u secret santa.

dragoness129

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 pm  

I was gonna pull this thread from Mene, lol. See
Guess I should have made it back in 2008 though, lol.

And this is great too cause I just went to the library today and picked up 5 more books.

slapthefatcat

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:25 pm  

Lissy wrote:
Slapthefatcat; Sometimes around December it just up and disappeared.

Bobbi; Yeah, me too. That's why I usually read at night before bed.
What? That's crazy. Did they have slow forums or something? When I was on (over a year ago) it was fairly busy.

Image courtesy of my dear friend xellphy @ deviantart.com and Tumblr.

Lissy

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:44 pm  

slapthefatcat wrote:
What? That's crazy. Did they have slow forums or something? When I was on (over a year ago) it was fairly busy.

No, I guess they just got fed up with it or something and just up and killed it one day without notice. That's why we have a hangout on here, cause everybody misses each other. D:

I read my first book last night.
Cryonic by Travis Bradberry

So that's 1/50

dragoness129

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:13 pm  

Dragoness129's Reading Log.

~Books of 2016~
1 - The Maelstrom (The Tapestry, #4)
2 - Grim Tuesday (Keys to the Kingdom, #2)
3 - Drowned Wednesday - currently reading

Last edited by dragoness129 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Fauxreal
Assistant Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:28 pm  

I changed up my post from before. I started my reading list there. Smile

Never moon a werewolf.

Have you checked out the contest?! LOOK FOR IT!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Avaricia Forum Index -> Media Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11