Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcements » A Dream Come True! ~ Sept1st - Dec31st 2018

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 am  

It's been ten years here at Avaricia! We have so many items that our members dream of obtaining.
It's time to reflect upon your greatest wishes and desires and... you may find your prayers answered!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhat did you get?!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShare it here!

Everyone who logs in or joins the site from now until December 31st will get one free Wishing Orb. The wishing orb contains one randomly chosen Silver Mirror:

Mirror of Random Rarities: A rare item from the site's history.
Mirror of Random Novelties: One of the new gachapon items
Mirror of Random Celebrations: One previous Event Set
The silver mirrors will give out one item at random from it's pool of items.

The Dreaming Orb has been placed in the Gachapon as a rare grant.
It will give you one random Golden Mirror:
Mirror of Chosen Rarities: A rare item from the site's history.
Mirror of Chosen Novelties: One of the new gachapon items
Mirror of Chosen Celebrations: One previous Event Set
The golden mirrors will allow you to choose one from the pool of items.

Lastly, the Miracle Orb has been placed in Trinkets and Treasures for 10 trinkets. You will get:
1x Autumnal Royalty
1x Mirror of Chosen Dreams: One choice previous LEI
2x Mirror of Random Dreams: One random previous LEI each selected at random
1x Mirror of Chosen Rarities: A rare item from the site's history.
3x Mirror of Chosen Novelties: One of the new gachapon items, your choice
3x Mirror of Chosen Celebrations: One previous Event Set of your choice
The proceeds from the Miracle Orb will go to a very special project that we are planning for the site's future.

Trinkets and Treasures will also include beginning September 1st:
Mirror of Random Dreams: One previous random LEI for 2 trinkets
Mirror of Chosen Dreams: One choice previous LEI for 5 trinkets
Both mirrors include Autumnal Royalty in their pool.

All orbs and mirrors will be offered until December 31st, 2018. Once obtained, they can be sold, traded or hoarded as desired.

We hope that by offering these, you will have the opportunity to obtain items that are really hard to come by.

Last edited by Bobbi on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:35 pm; edited 14 times in total  

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:42 am  

A silver mirror will give you a random item from the pool of items. A golden mirror will allow you to select from the pool.

Dreams: LEIs

Rarities: Rares

Novelties: New Gacha Items
Great Halos

Demon Horns

Cherub Wings

Wings of Draconis

Celebrations: Event Items
Each contains the entire event set.

Last edited by Bobbi on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:36 pm; edited 7 times in total  

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 pm  

Each month, we will give away Gold Mirrors to the top posters.
We must make the required post count per month to be eligible.
If no tiers are reached, no items will be awarded!

500 Posts - this is easy, we did it in a matter of three days last month.
Top Poster: 1x Mirror of Random Rarities
2nd Place: 1x Mirror of Random Novelties
3rd Place: 1x Mirror of Random Dreams

750 Posts
Top Poster: 2x Mirror of Random Rarities
2nd Place: 2x Mirror of Random Novelties
3rd Place: 2x Mirror of Random Dreams

1000 Posts
Top Poster: 2x Mirror of Random Rarities + 1 Mirror of Chosen Novelties
2nd Place: 2x Mirror of Random Novelties + 1 Mirror of Chosen Novelties
3rd Place: 2x Mirror of Random Novelties + 1 Mirror of Chosen Celebrations

2500 Posts
Top Poster: 3x Mirror of Chosen Novelties + 2 Mirror of Chosen Rarities + 1 Mirror of Random Dreams
2nd Place: 3x Mirror of Chosen Novelties + 1 Mirror of Random Rarities + 1 Mirror of Chosen Celebrations
3rd Place: 3x Mirror of Random Novelties + 1 Mirror of Chosen Celebrations + 1 Mirror of Chosen Novelties

5000 Posts
Top Poster: 3x dreaming Orb + 1 Mirror of Chosen Dreams + 1 body replace item created for you!
2nd Place: 3x Dreaming Orb + 1 Mirror of Random Dreams + 1 animal friend created for you!
3rd Place: 1x Dreaming Orb + 1 Mirror of Chosen Celebrations + 1 Mirror of Chosen Rarities + single-pose item of choice created for you!

We cannot divulge the exact details, but if you are a member here, you may want to post as much as possible, as often as possible. Create new topics and make as many replies as you can. There may be future benefits in store for you. Play in word games, we don't care!

September Winners
Posts Made:
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

October Winners
Posts Made:
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

November Winners
Posts Made:
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

December Winners
Posts Made:
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:

Last edited by Bobbi on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total  

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:53 pm  

If you have a question, post it in this thread!

Why are the Orbs and Mirrors being put in place?
We've tried very hard to put more items into circulation in the past by means of events, giveaways, auctions... but as time went on, items from the past became harder and harder to obtain. Since we now have our own version of RIG's with a few types, we decided that the best way to handle redistributing items is through their use. We're sorry if you wanted your items to remain rare and limited. However, there's a problem when nobody is selling and there are multiple potential buyers. By releasing these for four months, we can allow some of these items to be recirculated through new and active membership.

What do the items look like?
You can preview all items available in the container in the Preview Shop for the time being. A future update may include the ability to search for and find/try on the items. However for now, this is the best way to handle it.

Will the items go away or not be able to be opened after December 31st?
Once obtained, you can choose to leave them unopened, open them, trade them, as you please. After December 31st, they will be taken down. However, we may still give out orbs or mirrors for contests and other future events.

Why does the Miracle Orb cost $10 Trinkets?!
10 Trinkets is equal to $10 USD. It contains one Mirror of Chosen Dreams and two Mirrors of Random Dreams, plus a lot of other great items. We feel this is an excellent value for what is offered. We are also in need of funding for a very large project that has to do with the future of our community. Just know that what we are planning has a significant benefit to active members as well as all donators to the site past and present. We will make information be known in the near future once our plans and budget can be finalized.

Why aren't all Event Items and LEI's available?!
I personally selected the best items the site has to offer. There are many LEI's and Event Items that do not meet my current standards for quality or are yet to be converted. I only put items in the mirrors that I felt the community at large may enjoy.

Seasonal Events
Seasonal items have had their own unique RIG items the last few years. We will continue with this. Currently, all Halloween and fall items can be found in the Fantastic Autumn Box in Gacha, so we felt it was not necessary to add those or the Christmas Boxes (with the exception of the full fall event found in the Mirrors). The Easter Items of 2016 may return again next spring for new members to enjoy.

Will future converted LEI's and EI's be added to the Mirrors?
Yes. We plan to have the conversion project complete before the end of the year. Any LEI that is converted will be put in the silver and golden mirrors for re-release. If by unfortunate circumstance that the LEIs are not all converted before December 31st, the two mirror options will stay online for an additonal month after completion so that new members may obtain them.

When will the next LEIs be available?
We are planning to release new LEIs mid-september and they will stay online for three months and replaced by another set.

What items are you creating for the 5000 post tier?
- Body Replace Item: will replace the body of your avatar with a creature or object of your choice. We will put a few standard colors up in Gacha, but you will get a unique color pattern of your choice (max of 3 colors)
- Animal Friend: We will create a unique animal friend just for you! It can be a pet, an animal you really love, a fictional creature or whatever you desire!
- Single-Pose item: These are items that do not require mulitple graphics. For example, a background, a hat, a companion, a pair of wings or glasses, a pair of shoes, a dress (any top that is sleeveless), no handhelds, no hairstyles, nothing with sleeves.

Last edited by Bobbi on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:17 pm  

Rare Previews
More are forthcoming, imgur is down.

Sword of the Ancients

(includes tiny sappling branch and sword (missing glowing pose, need to add this - will want to own if you have the shield, you will need them for the next item in the series to be fully functional)

Ducky Set

slippers, hat and shirt (1 male shirt, 1 female shirt - at the time we did not have unisex items)

Event Set Previews - Originally on Old Bases

Mysterious Book Event

Includes crown, robes (top and bottom multi-equip), staff, cape, and skin

Virtual Summer Celebration

Shimmering Shells, Festive Lei, Grass Hula Skirt, Oceanic Trident, Beach Scene

[b]Space Attack and Alien Flu
you caught the alien flu and turned into a cat

Ice pack, Thermometer, giant scalpel, giant syringe, alien influenza a, b, ears and tail.
- Note there is also a labcoat with this set. It's not converted yet, but if granted/selected, we will grant those who obtained it the missing item.

Festival of 1000 Lanterns

Mooncake mess, Ornate Fan (there should be an unfolded pose - need to add/correct), Jade Rabbit Hairpin, Festive Lanterns, Harvest Moon

Fall Fun

Crown, Hairpin, Staff, Bouquet, Monarch Wings
- This set has the items individually in the Fantastic Autumn Box!

Homecoming Event

Homecoming Sash, Boutineer and Corsage, Colorful Balloons, Balloon Arch, Hibiscus Bloom, Disco Ball, Avarician Royalty (gold/silver crown)
Has pink, yellow, teal, light blue, and pinkish-purple options for each.

Ducky Pajama Party

Includes all three, top, bottom and slippers. Note the green (ducky) option has slippers in the Ducky Welcome Set, as this was released afterward.

Event Items after base conversion started:

Sweet N' Sassy Event
http://avariciarpg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8059

Ava's 8th Birthday
http://avariciarpg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8364

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:21 pm  

Orbs are now online and being granted to your account! I will need to do more to get this set up properly. However, please refer to this thread for more information until tomorrow afternoon. Smile

Thank you!

Fauxreal
Assistant Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 pm  

GIVE ME ALL YOUR WINGS!

Never moon a werewolf.

Pinkie

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:04 pm  

I want them all!

Hello everyone

Quote:
    Lokis: THERE'S NO NEED TO FEAR SUPER P POSTS HERE! faster than a speeding submit button able to leap forums in a single bound!

Dr Awkward

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:27 am  

*waves to Pinkie!* Long time so see! <3

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:38 am  

Interesting. Is there a limit as to how many of each item can be granted so that not too many of each will be re-introduced? I get that a lot of the older items are mostly locked away in old accounts, but they're still rarities for a reason and I think the amount re-introduced should be proportioned based on the current active user count. >_>

Also, if we already have an item, will we be able to get that another copy of that item?

Finally, I still have a silver token. I kinda forgot about it, mostly because I didn't know what I was planning on exchanging for it then (and likely now as well), but are those still active? What about the gold egg thing I also have in my inventory? I was a bit of a pack rat and as it's been a while, have no clue if some things are still active or not. Lol whoops.

Edited note: Uh, I can't find this free orb? ^^; Am I missing something here?

A throwback to all my first items. ^^ (Plus an error. 😂)

DogCow
Lead Developer

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:54 am  

Arikana wrote:
Interesting. Is there a limit as to how many of each item can be granted so that not too many of each will be re-introduced?

The limit is that Orbs will only be given out until December 31st.

Quote:
Also, if we already have an item, will we be able to get that another copy of that item?
Yes.

Quote:
Uh, I can't find this free orb? ^^; Am I missing something here?
You get a Wishing Orb when you log in with your username and password, as long as you don't already have one in your inventory.

Moof!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:33 am  

Arikana wrote:
Interesting. Is there a limit as to how many of each item can be granted so that not too many of each will be re-introduced? I get that a lot of the older items are mostly locked away in old accounts, but they're still rarities for a reason and I think the amount re-introduced should be proportioned based on the current active user count. Shifty Eyes

Finally, I still have a silver token. I kinda forgot about it, mostly because I didn't know what I was planning on exchanging for it then (and likely now as well), but are those still active? What about the gold egg thing I also have in my inventory? I was a bit of a pack rat and as it's been a while, have no clue if some things are still active or not. Lol whoops.

Edited note: Uh, I can't find this free orb? ^^; Am I missing something here?

The problem is, we have a lot of new membership that can't obtain these items. There's a problem when the people who have these items aren't around to sell them. It's as if we never handed out the items at all. If you get duplicates, you can always sell, trade, or give away the items to a newer person who wants them.

Everyone gets one free Wishing Orb per account, with an opportunity to get more through Gacha as a rare grant, and there is one option in Trinkets and Treasures that is pricier but gives you multiple choices of items. There are so many options within the orbs that no one will likely obtain a lot of these items. Doing so requires constant activity and daily log-ins to get the Gacha, or to donate and get them from the more expensive orb option. But it was designed this way specifically. We are putting items into circulation but they are rare enough that not everyone will be able to get what they want.

As for your token, you can remove it. We introduced the tokens before we had the container items (our version of RIGs) and this is a far more effective way of handling old item redistribution. Where as with tokens, having people claim them and personally granting each person an item of their choice was time consuming, and made selling/trading of the items to newer membership difficult because you were getting precisely what you wanted. That doesn't help the economy here. By handing them out more randomly with less opportunity for choice, members are more likely to sell and trade the items and more currency is in circulation, more people are doing art, etc rather than everything being stagnant..

As far as the golden egg, it just contains all of the 2016 Easter items. You're free to open it up or sell/trade it as you wish.

Last edited by Bobbi on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Pinkie

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:45 pm  

Man... I think I still have my golden egg... now I need to look

Also my first orb gave me a shield of the ancients....

Quote:
    Lokis: THERE'S NO NEED TO FEAR SUPER P POSTS HERE! faster than a speeding submit button able to leap forums in a single bound!

MothMan

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:28 am  

oh neat

MothMan

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:15 pm  

also do you have to find the orb randomly or do you just get it..cause i dont have one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3