Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcements » Updates on our current state! (Update: Sept 20th '18)

DogCow
Lead Developer

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:55 am  

SalyaDarken wrote:
I wish you and the staff luck. ^_^

Thanks! We have so many ideas that we are excited about implementing this fall.

Moof!

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:26 pm  

Bobbi wrote:
Arikana wrote:
Bobbi wrote:
It is actually coming soon now guys. There is nothing outside of some small convention work to do and no 65+ hour workweeks to keep me away~

:o You don't have anymore crazy weekends of work to prep for cons anymore?

I just can't wait for a more mobile friendly site. Nothing against my computer, but I just prefer my phone more. Lol

Not for a bit.

I have a small local comic con that I'm running the cosplay dept at in October. Another convention I'm doing artist alley at the first weekend of November. I don't have to restock anything outside of rings and some small merchandise. Then i have a show in January that's larger and will likely need restocked by that point. (Mostly I just have to cast resin in the next few weeks while it's still warm enough). I'll have my graphic and webdesign work that needs to get done, but they aren't large ordeals.

Sweet. That sounds really good. Milk this time for all you can put towards this site before you get super busy again! ^^

Do you make your cosplay outfits from scratch too?

A throwback to all my first items. ^^ (Plus an error. 😂)

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:52 am  

Arikana wrote:

Sweet. That sounds really good. Milk this time for all you can put towards this site before you get super busy again! ^^

Do you make your cosplay outfits from scratch too?

I used to, back when I competed a lot. These days, not as much. I only have two active cosplays. One of them I bought all the pieces and the jacket came from Amazon from a pre-made cosplay shpo and I modified a pair of cheap boots from Amazon. The other one is mostly found parts with minimal sewing. I do really like styling and designing wigs from scratch though. I don't think I'll ever buy a pre-styled wig.

I might eventually sew another costume from scratch, but I'm in no rush. Mostly, I wear lolita now and default toward wearing it at cons, especially if I have a new dress I haven't had a chance to wear yet.

But my current job has a lot to do with conventions, as in I work doing various graphic and web design projects for a series of cons. I make all the printed and promotional materials. So as the cons get closer, I have a higher workload. I've even had some of my work printed in magazines, which is pretty cool. I actually left my management job because they needed more work out of me and I felt I was better suited for this even if the compensation is less. I'm constantly building up a portfolio of work whereas at the other place, I was only spending more time there.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:06 pm  

Nice. I have a friend (though her younger sister is really the one I'm friends with lol) who is suuuuper into cosplaying. I see so many posts on her socials about her costumes and whatnot.

Mm, I get that. Gotta look towards long term future instead of just where you are right now. Do the cons pay for your travel too? *o* What is your long term goal in regards to your graphic design career? :o

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:21 pm  

Arikana wrote:
Mm, I get that. Gotta look towards long term future instead of just where you are right now. Do the cons pay for your travel too? *o* What is your long term goal in regards to your graphic design career? Surprised

I mostly travel with the staff and stay in staff rooms and do other duties at the conventions such as helping with setup and tear-down. If I'm not doing artist alley, I'll help with different departments too, but usually that is on a volunteer basis. But mostly I'm paid or rather commissioned for design work.

Long term, I'm focused on taking web design and graphic design further and get more into User Experience development. A big test of that is going to be this site. Ultimately, I'm trying to build a brand for myself now that I'm "free" to pursue it. Worst-case scenario, I have a well-built up portfolio of work that I can take to a company and get hired based on my experience. Best-case scenario is that I build up a company myself. But right now I'm sort of back at the beginning and trying to build off what I already know.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 pm  

Nice. That sounds like fun. ^^ Then again, I do enjoy setting up and tearing down events. Lol

Oh, that's awesome. So Avaricia will be a great way for your to experiment. It's always good to have a guinea pig to help learn the ropes with. ^^

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 pm  

Arikana wrote:
Nice. That sounds like fun. ^^ Then again, I do enjoy setting up and tearing down events. Lol

Oh, that's awesome. So Avaricia will be a great way for your to experiment. It's always good to have a guinea pig to help learn the ropes with. ^^

The last one I had issues because my knee's been acting up. So I couldn't do as much. u_u

Yeah, there's a lot of untapped potential here to help build off what I already know!

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:40 pm  

D: Gotta take care of yourself, Bobbi! Idk how long ago it was, but how's your knee now?

For sure! I hope this means I can expect lots of wacky shit once the new site is up and running! :D Plus if you have any questions or ideas on the web design front, you can bounce them off of DogCow?

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:00 pm  

Arikana wrote:
D: Gotta take care of yourself, Bobbi! Idk how long ago it was, but how's your knee now?

For sure! I hope this means I can expect lots of wacky shit once the new site is up and running! Very Happy Plus if you have any questions or ideas on the web design front, you can bounce them off of DogCow?

Well I've had hormonal issues where around that time of the month my knee would start acting up and I'd have to wear a knee brace. But I've also gained a lot of weight recently and I think that and the already existing issues are making it act up. Like it cracks and gets kind of stiff, like it's getting full of water. I'm going to try to cut down on sugar and bread to see if I can loose some water weight and see if it helps. If not, then I'll see a doctor. They're probably going to tell me to lose weight anyway. That's still the plan but still. :p

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 pm  

Well at least this will force you to try and lose weight faster? Lol

At least the knee injury wasn't because of a ligament tear or anything. ^^

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:08 pm  

Arikana wrote:
Well at least this will force you to try and lose weight faster? Lol

At least the knee injury wasn't because of a ligament tear or anything. ^^

Nope nothing like that. I haven't actually hurt myself. It's just doing some weird thing. u_u

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:33 pm  

Some.....weird thing? o3o

Well at least it's minor. ^^

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:03 am  

A quick preview!

I want to set the forums page up a bit more like how it currently is on Avaricia with some adjustments. It will not be staying like this. Colors will be more subdued and icons will be a little less busy but enough to give the forums some character.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Pinkie

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:12 pm  

And here I love the colors in the preview post lol

Quote:
    Lokis: THERE'S NO NEED TO FEAR SUPER P POSTS HERE! faster than a speeding submit button able to leap forums in a single bound!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:56 pm  

Pinkie wrote:
And here I love the colors in the preview post lol

They'd be more subdued like the preview not BAM BRIGHT COLORS IN YOUR FAYSE like they are on Ava right now.

I do really love the icon I added on the current site of Xan and Kadri. >w<

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5