Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » General Chat » Wisdom teeth

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 am  

I’m in the chair waiting for the novacsaine to take effect. I can’t feel my mouth which is good I’m freaking out and I have the shakes from the novacaine

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:42 am  

We’re going.

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 pm  

It’s done. Now to see how bad I hurt later

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm  

You'll have to let me know how this went. I need to woman up and get my done, but I'm so scared of the dentist for normal stuff.

~ Come on over and join me at my hangout! Come join us for an exciting fun. ~

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:24 pm  

Rei Ann wrote:
You'll have to let me know how this went. I need to woman up and get my done, but I'm so scared of the dentist for normal stuff.

Well so far so good. I got prescribed generic Vicodin but I haven't had to use it yet. I just took a about 800mg of ibprofen, that's what they gave me when I've gotten root canals done. And I'm okay. The rights side where the tooth was fully out came out pretty easy and there wasn't much pressure. So that side doesn't hurt at all. On the left side it was impacted sideways and they had to do this proceedure: (diagrams but still not for the faint of heart) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLExDoFA8Q But mine was more out and sideways than this one. It's sore on that side but I'm not in pain. It's a little hard to open my mouth all the way but not painful or impossible.

Hidden in white for those squicked out by tooth things.
So that side was really uncomfortable and just... uhhhggg. I didn't FEEL pain. just a faint sensation in the tooth. The worst was the breaking of it. :s (end hiding)

But the whole thing was pretty quick, maybe like 15 minutes tops. It took longer to get my numbed up.

Sofar the left side is swelling. I've been putting a bag of frozen peas on it off and on. Right side doesn't feel too out of the ordinarny. I just have to eat soft room temperature or cold foods. So I had cream of chicken soup and some roasted garlic mashed potatoes for dinner and I had some yogurt, pudding, and applesauce for lunch after I got home.

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:10 pm  

That doesn't sound so bad. It just two of them are impacted and not coming out anymore. Actually one of mine is pushing another tooth. So like I'm scared. Like tooth pain, can handle, like you had evil bad root canals.

Does it affect one's ability to go to work?

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:24 pm  

If I wasn't working at home, I'd probably be okay to go back to work today, but no heavy lifting. They said to be off for two days, but I could've done today at my old job given how I currently feel.

I was off pain meds last night and woke up a few times to just some mild discomfort and some swelling. I had to eat really slowly yesterday and I had no probably scarfing down my soft foods today. :p I can probably start adding soft solids by tomorrow like bread or pasta.

I'm only holding onto the prescribed stuff I was given in case I get a dry socket. Ibuprofen has been perfectly fine. I was watching some youtube videos of people in complete pain afterwards and I didn't really experience that. But everyone is different. I know someone else who lost all sensation in their mouth and can no longer taste anything after wisdom tooth removal. ><;

The root canals weren't bad either, but it's just a time consuming process and kind of a pain in the ass to sit there and have hands and metal tools in your mouth.

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm  

Well I work at a computer, and heavy meds make me sick to my stomach, so I wouldn't take them if I don't need them.

It's good to know, that it might not be that bad.

Worst thing of the root canal to me, was the smell. Like i hated that part, -shudders-

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm  

Rei Ann wrote:
Well I work at a computer, and heavy meds make me sick to my stomach, so I wouldn't take them if I don't need them.

It's good to know, that it might not be that bad.

Worst thing of the root canal to me, was the smell. Like i hated that part, -shudders-

Squeemish --->Depending on how deep in your teeth are, you're going to get that smell too. Since the right was fully erupted it came out easily and there's next to no pain there. The other side had to be drilled and I got the smell pretty bad. I think they do have to drill into the bone a bit. <-- end of squeemish

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:44 pm  

How though, don't they like knock you out for wisdom teeth?

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm  

Rei Ann wrote:
How though, don't they like knock you out for wisdom teeth?

You don't have to be. I just got local anesthesia, which is basically the needles. It was way cheaper to get it done that way, like $60 with my insurance over being knocked out which was going to be a lot more.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:49 pm  

Day 5. I can eat baked chicken. I cannot eat tortilla chips. I have a big old yellow bruise on my jaw.

Still paranoid of dry socket. :s

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 pm  

I don't know if I could be awake from them to do mine. I have impacted ones, and I can't be apart of that.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 pm  

One was impacted. It was... concerning. Not painful. Concerning.

Day 6 and I can mostly go back to my old diet but crunchy foods are still a problem. Still shouldn't use a straw for a bit.

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:37 pm  

I have two impacted, how was it concerning. I have one that will probs knocked out my other tooth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1