Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcement Archive » 24 hour Data Loss (10/15-10/16)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 am  

The host we are with migrated to a new server yesterday and it turns out that we experienced a 24-hour data wipe. Files were not effected, but any actions taken on the site were:

Lost PMs
All posts made yesterday are gone.
All trades/gifts and item grants from Gacha or shop purchases are gone.
Any currencies you've earned are gone.

If you you got something cool from Gacha or finally made enough currency to buy that item you wanted, please reply here and I'll restore it for you.

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:11 am  

Also to note, our time of day site theme is borked. I'm not 100% sure how to fix it.

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

TurtleSensei

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:07 pm  

whoa! That sucks! I'm not aware that I lost anything so no worries for me. But it's so awesome of you to be willing to replace stuff for people!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:16 pm  

Update: Dogcow got the data retrieved. But he won't be able to replace the posts and PMs until Monday. It's probably not THAT big a deal in the end. Unless anyone lost anything really important?

I just lost a kind of important PM that had some information about a system I want to develop but that's the only thing I cared about personally.

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:13 am  

I haven't been on in a bit, mostly because I haven't been a bit under the weather and it tends to make me cranky. ^^;

A throwback to all my first items. ^^ (Plus an error. 😂)

Jae

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:29 pm  

Uhhh I think I lost a pumpkin shirt? Maybe a gacha item? I'm not too sure D:
I just know of the pumpkin shirt cos I was wearing it and then the next day I was back to my original look haha.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:25 pm  

The time functions on the site are back to normal. I think everything was restored except the few posts that were lost. If you're still missing something, let me know!

Fauxreal
Assistant Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:24 pm  

I totally lost 50 million credits. Very Happy

Never moon a werewolf.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 pm  

Fauxreal wrote:
I totally lost 50 million credits. Very Happy

Funny because I don't even have that much and I can give myself credits wherever I want.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcement Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1