Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Newbie Spot » Hello

Rainbow000Pegasus

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:11 pm  

Cleric wrote:
Oh nice!
Colored pencils are cool?? I enjoy using pens and markers, but I prefer coloring digitally over traditionally. On the other hand, I prefer sketching and doing lineart traditionally, haha. My tablet is a wacom bamboo!

I heard people say the Bamboo one's real good but IDK myself lol.
Digital is for fast stuff IMO since my works there aren't as polished but good if I have a deadline-

Ishnia

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:27 pm  

Cleric wrote:
I feel mikudayo in my bones??
Those are probably my next few favorite ghibli films too, but I also need to watch (and re-watch?) several... what would you most want to watch next?
god me too LOL

hmm i really want to watch grave of the fireflies next, but i head it was sad ;;
and i'm not sure if i'm in the mood to cry right now, haha!

Sorceress

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:55 am  

Hi!

I love anime too! Howl's Moving Castle is awesome - Hayao Miyazaki creates beautiful anime - definitely loved Kiki's Delivery service as well.

I've watched Fullmetal Alchemist, but not the Brotherhood version. It inspired me to buy the manga, and after reading the manga, I was glad I'd watched the anime first (I often prefer an original manga work over any anime that comes later). I really enjoyed Castlevania - I wonder when they will finally produce a season two?

Recently I've been getting into Saiki K... who knew being so powerful was so annoying?

Bees

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:02 am  

Oh, hey, a fellow Overwatch player! Who's your main? How did you like the Halloween event?

And Fire Emblem ... I've been thinking of doing a third playthrough of FE Fates but, even though I quite like the game, I don't know if I want to deal with its flaws again.

Been thinking of watching Castlevania too, but I hear it's very gory. That said, gore doesn't bother me that much ...

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:47 pm  

Jae wrote:

Hello!! Sorry for the late reply, I missed your reply before. I'm not super familiar with kpop but I like some 0: !

Ishnia wrote:

Y e s Grave of the Fireflies is tear worthy haha ;;

Sorceress wrote:

Hello!

Brotherhood is much closer to the manga, so if you enjoyed the story direction of the manga I certainly recommend it! (I recommend it anyway - it's definitely worth the watch.) I also often prefer a manga to its anime adaptation, haha... there have even been several times that I've watched a few episodes of an anime, decided to pick up the manga, finished the manga, and then never bothered finishing the anime.

Castlevania season two actually came out on Netflix a few days ago, the 27th of October I believe?

I agree about Miyazaki!

I've never heard of Saiki K before, but the premise seems interesting ^^

Bees wrote:

Hello, nice to meet you. ^^

I used to main Mercy, but since she's been nerfed the last few times I play her less. At this rate I think Brigitte might overtake her as my main if she hasn't already. Who do you main?

I love the Halloween event, haha. I didn't get the skins I was hoping for (Moira & Pharah) but I'm still... elated that I got Witch Mercy last year tbh. Hbu?

re: Castlevania, there are instances where you see detailed dismemberment and displaced organs (particularly entrails?) as well as spines etc..There's also a bit of eye horror if I remember correctly? If you can handle that I say go for it but I also don't want to compel you if it will disturb you x-x

Bees

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 am  

Cleric wrote:

Hello, nice to meet you. ^^

I used to main Mercy, but since she's been nerfed the last few times I play her less. At this rate I think Brigitte might overtake her as my main if she hasn't already. Who do you main?

I love the Halloween event, haha. I didn't get the skins I was hoping for (Moira & Pharah) but I'm still... elated that I got Witch Mercy last year tbh. Hbu?

re: Castlevania, there are instances where you see detailed dismemberment and displaced organs (particularly entrails?) as well as spines etc..There's also a bit of eye horror if I remember correctly? If you can handle that I say go for it but I also don't want to compel you if it will disturb you x-x

Nice to meet you too!

I used to main Mercy a long time ago, till I realized I actually had more fun as other healers. Now I main Moira and D.Va, depending on whether the team needs a healer or tank. I mostly prefer Moira, but people just don't want to play tanks, it seems ... I find Brigitte quite hard to play, honestly, since it feels like she has to be pretty close to the enemy to be effective. I always seem to die very quickly trying to get in there and attack.

I got a pretty good haul. Probably my favorite grab was the Moira skin, since I play her so much. Not to make you jealous, but I managed to get the Pharah skin as well ... There were still some more skins I wanted that I didn't get (McCree, Wrecking Ball) but overall I'm pretty satisfied.

I actually watched the first episode yesterday, and yep, those are some organs and entrails! I'll probably keep watching for now, but be ready to bail if it gets to be too much for me. So far I like it, though it's hard to say much from just one episode.

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:01 pm  

Bees wrote:

I actually watched the first episode yesterday, and yep, those are some organs and entrails! I'll probably keep watching for now, but be ready to bail if it gets to be too much for me. So far I like it, though it's hard to say much from just one episode

Those certainly are some organs and entrails, in places where they shouldn't be (Nice to hear you started watching it! Sounds like a good strategy.)

Congrats on the skins!! It's okay I'll get them next year 0;
I play Moira a lot too, I adore her ?? So muuch (I have gotten called slurs in chat for playing her though lol) I tend to go D.Va if the team needs a tank too.
I had difficulty with Brigitte at first but once I got used to her she was a lot of fun.

Bees

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:18 pm  

Cleric wrote:

Those certainly are some organs and entrails, in places where they shouldn't be (Nice to hear you started watching it! Sounds like a good strategy.)

Congrats on the skins!! It's okay I'll get them next year 0;
I play Moira a lot too, I adore her ?? So muuch (I have gotten called slurs in chat for playing her though lol) I tend to go D.Va if the team needs a tank too.
I had difficulty with Brigitte at first but once I got used to her she was a lot of fun.

I definitely got a dose of eye horror in episode 2, too! But if this is as bad as it gets I can handle it. I like the show quite a lot so far!

Thanks! I've never had any trouble playing Moira in team play but I did get such a backlash playing her in deathmatch that I stopped playing deathmatch completely. That's where I started playing her, actually; she was basically the only hero I could even score with. She's so much fun!

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm  

Bees wrote:

Yeah I was thinkin of deathmatch and elimination lmao (I apologize though, I thought I deleted that aside before posting,)
She is so much fun!! I love her design(s) too! Do you have any favorites design wise?

re: Castlevania That is as bad as it gets as far as I know. I need to catch up on Season 2 still 0:

Sorceress

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 am  

Castlevania season 2 was... good. I love the vampire Alucard, he is drawn as such a beauty <3 so nice to see beautiful yet still male characters! I won't spoil the story.

Still a fair bit of animated gore, but not more or worse than Season 1.It seems like it's open for a follow on season 3 though.

Bees

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:43 pm  

Cleric wrote:

Yeah I was thinkin of deathmatch and elimination lmao (I apologize though, I thought I deleted that aside before posting,)
She is so much fun!! I love her design(s) too! Do you have any favorites design wise?

re: Castlevania That is as bad as it gets as far as I know. I need to catch up on Season 2 still 0:

(Sorry, I missed this.)

Moira definitely has some really nice skins. Hmm, design-wise ... I like the character concept for Ana a lot, even though I'm terrible at playing her. Sniper grandma who shoots healing into you; what's not to like? I'm also fond of Orisa and Zenyatta. I like robotic characters who aren't super human-looking. Probably my favorite overall character is Mei, though. She's just so cute! I love Lucio too.

I'm two episodes into season 2 (and managed to get a friend into watching it, too). So far it kind of seems like they toned down the gore for season 2, TBH. Not that I'm complaining!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Newbie Spot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2