Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcements » Updates on our current state! (Update: Sept 20th '18)

SalyaDarken

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:04 pm  

oooh okay. ^^

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:07 pm  

I even found some code for a claw machine game. :p IDK how it will work for us tho.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

SalyaDarken

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:20 pm  

owo that would be a neat way to get items. lol

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 pm  

That's what I was thinking. :p But I need to test it to see how realistic it is. Like I want there to be some challenge in it. Ideally knocking an item closer and closer or potentially dropping the item at random would be best. Infuriating but a realistic experience. Rather than for sure getting the item every time if you just aim right.

I'm also like a claw machine master. :p

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

SalyaDarken

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:40 pm  

true and that would be interesting to play. If this site had that, how many try would you allow members try?

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:27 am  

SalyaDarken wrote:
true and that would be interesting to play. If this site had that, how many try would you allow members try?

With something like that, we'd probably test it our selves, tweak and probably put online as it's not a huge feature. Smile

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:54 am  

Bobbi wrote:
It is actually coming soon now guys. There is nothing outside of some small convention work to do and no 65+ hour workweeks to keep me away~

:o You don't have anymore crazy weekends of work to prep for cons anymore?

I just can't wait for a more mobile friendly site. Nothing against my computer, but I just prefer my phone more. Lol

A throwback to all my first items. ^^ (Plus an error. 😂)

SalyaDarken

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:05 am  

Bobbi wrote:
SalyaDarken wrote:

With something like that, we'd probably test it our selves, tweak and probably put online as it's not a huge feature. Smile

true, but a fun feature to add. lol

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:07 am  

Arikana wrote:
Bobbi wrote:
It is actually coming soon now guys. There is nothing outside of some small convention work to do and no 65+ hour workweeks to keep me away~

Surprised You don't have anymore crazy weekends of work to prep for cons anymore?

I just can't wait for a more mobile friendly site. Nothing against my computer, but I just prefer my phone more. Lol

Not for a bit.

I have a small local comic con that I'm running the cosplay dept at in October. Another convention I'm doing artist alley at the first weekend of November. I don't have to restock anything outside of rings and some small merchandise. Then i have a show in January that's larger and will likely need restocked by that point. (Mostly I just have to cast resin in the next few weeks while it's still warm enough). I'll have my graphic and webdesign work that needs to get done, but they aren't large ordeals.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:11 am  

SalyaDarken wrote:
Bobbi wrote:
SalyaDarken wrote:

true, but a fun feature to add. lol

There may be something else that will involve extensive beta testing. But we are in the planning and discussion phases of this right now. There's work that needs to be done here first before we even begin real work on those features.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

SalyaDarken

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 am  

That's may be true and it can wait until you and the other staff feel like adding it. XD

I can't really wait for new things on here. Since I like this site more then other sites. Even more then Gaiaonline. lol

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:21 am  

SalyaDarken wrote:
That's may be true and it can wait until you and the other staff feel like adding it. XD

I can't really wait for new things on here. Since I like this site more then other sites. Even more then Gaiaonline. lol

That's great to know! Very Happy

Mainly, I really want to grow this site into something a lot larger and we are limited by using old methods that were popular in the late 2000's when there were many avatar sites modeled after Gaia Online. We are also limited by old artwork that I made in a sketchy period of my artistic history lol. I can't reveal much because nothing is set in stone yet. But the staff is all on board. if this happens, there will be very drastic changes that will be coming in the next few years of the site.

For now, we are mostly focused on finishing up the last item conversions and getting the site to function nicely in mobile, plus creating a design that is more open and friendly to new users.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

SalyaDarken

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:32 am  

I wish you and the staff luck. ^_^

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:33 am  

SalyaDarken wrote:
I wish you and the staff luck. ^_^

Thanks! We will need it. It will be a big undertaking. :p but the rewards will be worht it!

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Fauxreal
Assistant Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:11 am  

For freaking real!

Never moon a werewolf.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5