Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcements » Updates on our current state! (Update: Sept 20th '18)

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:51 pm  

Hello guys!

I just wanted to give an important update on the current state of affairs here on Avaricia!

For those of you who don't know, for the better part of the last 10 years, I've been in a job where I worked my way up in the ranks from a lowly cashier to running my own store. This job took a toll on me, and obviously took a great deal of time away from me to be able to focus on this site. Projects such as the new base conversion (let's face it, the "new" bases have been around much, much longer than the original ones) and focusing on making the site the best it could be fell to the wayside due to IRL obligations.

I'm happy to say that I was in a financial situation where I could afford to resign from my former job. I was offered a web and graphic design position working from home part-time. This allowed me the possibility to return to doing artist alley and make up the massive pay-cut I was receiving. I'm now doing what I love and have the sort of spare time I had back when I first started this project a decade ago.

I'm now in a position where I can give more attention to Ava and help build it back to the site that I originally dreamed of. Although we are a quiet time when it comes to posts and activity here, rest assured that there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

What about the "New Site"? A new mobile-first website is coming very soon. Look forward to a big announcement. It's more than just new features!

Where are LEI's? LEI's will be returning this fall with a new model that better suits our site's demands. In the meantime, we are focusing our time in completing the conversion project and redesigning the website for mobile accessibility.

Lastly,

We have very important news to share about the future of the site
This will be coming shortly after the new site features and design goes online.

Last edited by Bobbi on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:26 pm; edited 3 times in total  

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:49 pm  

For Clip Studio Paint, does it matter if it's EX or Pro? (In reality, I don't have/can't afford either at the moment, I'm just curious.)
Also, is experience required or will recolor "training" be done?
And also, is it required that we have a computer with internet connection? As in, is it highly internet dependent or is it something that someone could do without internet, but then on a free day, go to a place with wifi and send the finished recolors? (Or however it works...)

Mainly just curious. Would love to be able to help out, and possibly would be able to in a few months, once my hours pick up at Joann and/or if I get a better second job.

Last edited by Kaderin Triste on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:21 pm  

I believe both should work. I need to see what version I have because I know that one works.

You don’t need an active connection. You just need to download files and zip up the completed ones and send them back.

We can do training. It’s an easy process.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:39 pm  

All good things to note! Will look at my budget and keep an eye on prices of the required products.

slapthefatcat

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:39 am  

Unfortunately, I don't have either one of those programs. Sorry.

Image courtesy of my dear friend xellphy @ deviantart.com and Tumblr.

dragoness129

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:30 pm  

This is very exciting! Looking forward to see all the changes! ♥

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:09 pm  

One of my friends MIGHT have Photoshop and said they'd let me use it if it's a useable version, so waiting to hear on that. If so, I could start helping sooner than I planned.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:18 pm  

Okie dokie! Just let me know!

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 pm  

Will do! If nothing else, I get an extra paycheck in Nov plus about twice what my hours are now at Joann, so at that point I can just buy one of them. But I'll let you know

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:15 pm  

Kaderin Triste wrote:
Will do! If nothing else, I get an extra paycheck in Nov plus about twice what my hours are now at Joann, so at that point I can just buy one of them. But I'll let you know

If that's the case, get clip studio paint. ps is very pricey.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 pm  

Yeah, I found Clip Studio Paint for around $55 on Amazon. No guarantees that it will stay that price, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:04 pm  

Kaderin Triste wrote:
Yeah, I found Clip Studio Paint for around $55 on Amazon. No guarantees that it will stay that price, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

It's currently $5 cheaper on the site.
https://www.clipstudio.net/en

Occasionally it goes on sale for super cheap

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 pm  

That is actually much better. I was wondering about shipping cost, then realized from the site it's a download, so no shipping.
XD
And looks like the version I had saved to my amazon cart was actually $59.99

Fun fact: I actually used to own Clip Studio's predecessor, Manga Studio.
Of course my art was, and will always be, shit unworthy of such nice art programs (because I am too easily discouraged to practice and get good) but it had some cool brushes that I liked to play with.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm  

Aww you should never feel discouraged! You only get better by trying over and over again.

I mean... 2001

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:07 pm  

Lol. Pretty sure when the photobucket fiasco broke out, I lost around 99.9% of all my art previous to....mid-2017? But it never really improved in the years that I was actively doing freebie art on sites (basically 2006ish-2010 maybe?)
But have some fun silhouette art that I've done in 2017!

^lol, sorry, that was drawn on my ankle as part of an event challenge...

I'm actually kind of proud of the dragon tbh...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4