Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcements » A Dream Come True! ~ Sept1st - Dec31st 2018

Pinkie

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 am  

Man I want these items all of them... more so the genie and the autumn one

Quote:
    Lokis: THERE'S NO NEED TO FEAR SUPER P POSTS HERE! faster than a speeding submit button able to leap forums in a single bound!

Rainbow000Pegasus

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:31 pm  

Bobbi wrote:
After the third you should get no more automatically added by just logging in. (Unless you havenโ€™t logged in yet) There are more in the Gacha.

Ahh I see, makes sense. I haven't been getting a gacha token lately TBH. Less time here too I guess.

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:14 pm  

Bobbi wrote:
Arikana wrote:
Interesting. Is there a limit as to how many of each item can be granted so that not too many of each will be re-introduced? I get that a lot of the older items are mostly locked away in old accounts, but they're still rarities for a reason and I think the amount re-introduced should be proportioned based on the current active user count. >_>

Also, if we already have an item, will we be able to get that another copy of that item?

Finally, I still have a silver token. I kinda forgot about it, mostly because I didn't know what I was planning on exchanging for it then (and likely now as well), but are those still active? What about the gold egg thing I also have in my inventory? I was a bit of a pack rat and as it's been a while, have no clue if some things are still active or not. Lol whoops.

Edited note: Uh, I can't find this free orb? ^^; Am I missing something here?

The problem is, we have a lot of new membership that can't obtain these items. There's a problem when the people who have these items aren't around to sell them. It's as if we never handed out the items at all. If you get duplicates, you can always sell, trade, or give away the items to a newer person who wants them.

Everyone gets one free Wishing Orb per account, with an opportunity to get more through Gacha as a rare grant, and there is one option in Trinkets and Treasures that is pricier but gives you multiple choices of items. There are so many options within the orbs that no one will likely obtain a lot of these items. Doing so requires constant activity and daily log-ins to get the Gacha, or to donate and get them from the more expensive orb option. But it was designed this way specifically. We are putting items into circulation but they are rare enough that not everyone will be able to get what they want.

As for your token, you can remove it. We introduced the tokens before we had the container items (our version of RIGs) and this is a far more effective way of handling old item redistribution. Where as with tokens, having people claim them and personally granting each person an item of their choice was time consuming, and made selling/trading of the items to newer membership difficult because you were getting precisely what you wanted. That doesn't help the economy here. By handing them out more randomly with less opportunity for choice, members are more likely to sell and trade the items and more currency is in circulation, more people are doing art, etc rather than everything being stagnant..

As far as the golden egg, it just contains all of the 2016 Easter items. You're free to open it up or sell/trade it as you wish.

Well, I meant I couldn't find the free orb at the time of my original post.... but it seems to have appeared since checking my inventory at the time of this post. o3o How odd. If I hold on to it, will it eventually disappear on me or become useless one day?

So the token is pretty much useless now? D:

A throwback to all my first items. ^^ (Plus an error. ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Fauxreal
Assistant Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:30 am  

I hate to be a little harsh here, but the tokens had a huge amount of time to turn them in. You had a big chance.

If you choose not to use items in your inventory, that is on you really.

Never moon a werewolf.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:14 am  

The orb can be used at any time. These items are essentially replacing the tokens. The orbs will not be removed from accounts. So you can hold onto them, trade them, vend them or the contents whenever you like.

I will set up the tokens to be traded for mirrors in golden tome as soon as Iโ€™m home from this con

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

DogCow
Lead Developer

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:07 pm  

Arikana, and all others who have tokens, you can now exchange them at the Golden Tome.

Moof!

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 am  

Wow, you work fast DogCow. :o

Well, guess it's time to pay a visit to the golden tome place before the token collects even more dust.

DogCow
Lead Developer

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:58 am  

It turns out there's actually a handful of users who still have tokens. I still had 2 silver tokens that I'd forgotten about, so I exchanged both of them.

Moof!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:02 am  

I had a token too. :p

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:32 pm  

Lol nice.

Can you guys see what items users have?

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:42 am  

Arikana wrote:
Lol nice.

Can you guys see what items users have?

The admins can. That way if there's any discrepancies, issues and things like that, we can check. For example, back when the inventories weren't paginating properly, if you bought an item it wouldn't show up in your inventory unless you arranged it. But we could see in the admin panel that you had the item.

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:54 am  

A small update, the Labcoat from the space flu event was converted and has been re-added to the space flu attack EI bundle.

Edit: Earth Spirit and Magical Heart Locket were added to the Dreams mirrors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3