Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcements » Name our User-Created Forums for the new site!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 pm  

One of the new features on our site will be user-created mini forums, similar to what many other sites have.

Give a cool suggestion on what to call them, and we will give you an awesome prize and your name will live on forever! We will pick the best suggestion to use on our site!

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

slapthefatcat

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 pm  

Are we giving suggestions on what to use as the generic term for the mini-forums or am I misunderstanding?

Duckettes?
User minis?

Image courtesy of my dear friend xellphy @ deviantart.com and Tumblr.

Pinkie

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:16 pm  

Postie McPost Face!!

Lmao that's what you should name it

Quote:
    Lokis: THERE'S NO NEED TO FEAR SUPER P POSTS HERE! faster than a speeding submit button able to leap forums in a single bound!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 pm  

slapthefatcat wrote:
Are we giving suggestions on what to use as the generic term for the mini-forums or am I misunderstanding?

Duckettes?
User minis?

Some sites and mmorpg games call these factions, guilds, fan-clubs, groups etc. So it's basically like that.

It should fit the theme of the site (post-apocalyptic) and be a good title for individual user-organized gatherings around a subject.

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Pinkie

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:44 pm  

So what about something like...

Public response

Avaricia scripts

Community scrolls

Community logs

Something like that seems like the right track

Quote:
    Lokis: THERE'S NO NEED TO FEAR SUPER P POSTS HERE! faster than a speeding submit button able to leap forums in a single bound!

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 pm  

I don't know if it's still an aspect of the comic, but I think 'Dome Cities' was a thing? :o So maybe these user forums could be used to tie back into the comic world? :o

A throwback to all my first items. ^^ (Plus an error. 😂)

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:03 pm  

Arikana wrote:
I don't know if it's still an aspect of the comic, but I think 'Dome Cities' was a thing? Surprised So maybe these user forums could be used to tie back into the comic world? Surprised

Technically there is only one dome city, one big giant one. Actually in the current incarnation it's not so much of a dome city as it is a city with a giant energy barrier to keep the plauge and plauge-inducting spirit beasties out. So much has changed in this story since I made the original chunk of the comic. :p

But basing it off something from that might be cool.

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:09 pm  

Cool. Then guess I'll submit 'Dome City' for now. Lol

Is this new incarnation of the comic out so I can catch up / refresh myself? ^^;

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:12 pm  

Arikana wrote:
Cool. Then guess I'll submit 'Dome City' for now. Lol

Is this new incarnation of the comic out so I can catch up / refresh myself? ^^;

Beyond a cover and one completed page, not really. I started on it, and then kind of jumped head-first into Avaricia again. I do however, have the entire first draft of it written in novel format.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hybrians/photos/?tab=album&album_id=139413673597081

Maybe I'll sit down and work on more pages. Though I'm primarily focused on getting the new site ready and getting the conversions done. u_u

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:16 pm  

I like books/novels. Are we allowed to read this novel format? ^^; lol

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:22 pm  

Arikana wrote:
I like books/novels. Are we allowed to read this novel format? ^^; lol

Haha it's in awful awful draft state.

Actually the comic is going to be more of a graphic novel/traditional novel hybrid. So there will be chunks in prose with illustrations and other parts in comic format.

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:30 pm  

Aww damn. Wait, when you saw awful awful, is that like bad grammar/spelling or like just choppy notes on what you want to do? >_>

Sigh. That sounds like it's gonna be a while till it's out then. :(

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:58 pm  

Arikana wrote:
Aww damn. Wait, when you saw awful awful, is that like bad grammar/spelling or like just choppy notes on what you want to do? Shifty Eyes

Sigh. That sounds like it's gonna be a while till it's out then. Sad

It's a first draft! So there's some grammar issues maybe some spelling. There's also a few areas that need to be fleshed out. There's also some really great chunks of prose. The areas where I know it'll be more comic-related aren't as elaborately written but they're more or less written in script format.

Rainbow000Pegasus

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:07 pm  

IDK if I'm understanding right but it's like a group of people under a gathering right?

[ Insert Name here ] Council
Association of [ Name Here]
The Alliance of [ Name Here ]

I'm guessing the names are interchangeable as users pick them?

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:10 pm  

Rainbow000Pegasus wrote:
IDK if I'm understanding right but it's like a group of people under a gathering right?

[ Insert Name here ] Council
Association of [ Name Here]
The Alliance of [ Name Here ]

I'm guessing the names are interchangeable as users pick them?

Yeah, pretty much. But they need an "banner name" for example, another site might use "factions" and then you choose the name of your Faction.

So the Faction might be:

"OLD TIMERS ONLY" - A faction for members from 2008-2010.

or

"Unipoo's Fanclub" - A faction for fans of Ava's smelly and disgruntled staff mascot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2