Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Announcements » Forum Restructuring

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:31 pm  

Hey guys, just a heads up!

I'm going through the forums and deleting many unused/overlooked subforums, moving their topics to the main forum for easier access and viewing. Many of these forums have been going unused for a long time.

Word Games: now visible on the forum index as it's used daily
Technology Discussion is Merged with Media Discussion.
Removed RTE RP Subforum
Load of Laundry merged with Avatar Discussion
Pricing Assistance merged with Art Shops - for easier viewing when there are new posts.

Storyline and Comic Forum and subforum merged with Avarician Community Discussion. Another forum will take its place in Welcome to Avaricia in the near future.

- Leaving Journals and Blogs subforum but will be locked when the new site features go online as it will be an added feature and a forum is no longer nessecary.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 pm  

I was wondering why I saw changes yesterday. Now I know. πŸ™ƒ Good idea on the forum housekeeping, Bobbi. This will make my ninja lurking much easier. 😏

A throwback to all my first items. ^^ (Plus an error. πŸ˜‚)

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:59 pm  

Arikana wrote:
I was wondering why I saw changes yesterday. Now I know. πŸ™ƒ Good idea on the forum housekeeping, Bobbi. This will make my ninja lurking much easier. 😏

You entered a posting contest. post moar not lurk moar.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:13 pm  

But I’m a natural ninja lurker! πŸ˜… I mean I like to post, just not a lot. πŸ˜‚

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 pm  

I also gave any forums that still have sub forums some minor restyling so that they are a bit easier to differentiate from topics.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:08 am  

The things I decide to do at 3am when I can't sleep!

I've restyled portions of the forums:

1. New Icons (in prep for the new site features)
2. Replaced the huge amount of black with a light grey gradient that feels more open and friendly.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 pm  

The new icons are so amazin and clean looking.

~ Come on over and join me at my hangout! Come join us for an exciting fun. ~

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:23 pm  

Thanks! I actually want to change the backgrounds of each forum section like I have it on the test site, but it's not working here. :p So we'll have to put up with grey until it's ready.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:25 pm  

What’s with the new forum icons? 😱 They look weird and oft-putting. πŸ˜…

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:40 pm  

Arikana wrote:
They look weird and oft-putting. πŸ˜…

How so?

It's better than boring white squares.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Rei Ann

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:45 pm  

Bobbi wrote:
Thanks! I actually want to change the backgrounds of each forum section like I have it on the test site, but it's not working here. :p So we'll have to put up with grey until it's ready.

You got pics on that, cause that makes me worry it'll be to much crammed in visually.

~ Come on over and join me at my hangout! Come join us for an exciting fun. ~

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:48 pm  

Rei Ann wrote:
Bobbi wrote:

You got pics on that, cause that makes me worry it'll be to much crammed in visually.

It needs some work still. So it's not ready to show. I still need to port the styles I plugged into here on the testing site.

But I'll show screencaps when it's ready.

Come hang out with me?
Bobbi wrote:
Cookies for Healy

Arikana

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:29 pm  

Bobbi wrote:
Arikana wrote:

How so?

It just feels so flashy. Plus, each icon itself is quite overstimulating and overwhelming cause there's a lot going on in each icon. The version letting users know there are new posts in the forum is also quite bright and painful to my sensitive eyes. 😡

The white squares, while simple, were quite soothing on the eyes.

SalyaDarken

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:12 am  

I log off for a while (I got sick and still fighting it) and I come back to updates.. owo

Forum looks really neat and nice, Bobbi.

Kaderin Triste

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:41 am  

Arikana wrote:
Bobbi wrote:
Arikana wrote:

How so?

It just feels so flashy. Plus, each icon itself is quite overstimulating and overwhelming cause there's a lot going on in each icon. The version letting users know there are new posts in the forum is also quite bright and painful to my sensitive eyes. 😡

The white squares, while simple, were quite soothing on the eyes.

Kind of agree with this.
Idk what it is, but the new icons almost give me a sort of 90's vibe. Like the best days of Nickelodeon meets zoog Disney...
Very bright and neon.
The white, though "boring" apparently, I thought looked very sleek and streamlined.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2