Please LOGIN to explore Avaricia. Don't have an account? REGISTER

Avaricia Forums » Newbie Spot » Hello

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:58 pm  

Hello everyone! I found out about this place from a thread on Dappervolk, and I thought it and Avalyss looked interesting.

Let’s see... some things I like are writing, cosplay, art, video-games (mainly overwatch as of late), anime, vocaloid, period-inspired fashion, and pop punk/emo/alternative rock music. I’m also a college student.

Nice to meet everyone ^^ !

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:06 pm  

Hello there!

What do you usually cosplay and what video games do you like?

Also do you have a color or clothing theme that you're partial to?

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Rainbow000Pegasus

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:11 pm  

Hello! Welcome to Avaricia!
Ooh, lately I've been getting a little bit into Volcaloid world too haha, and I like drawing too.
I've kind of fallen from my writing / roleplaying phase at this moment... I don't know why-

Ishnia

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:05 pm  

man all hail queen miku LOL
joined the miku collab this year and my love for vocaloid was renewed haha!

since you've already been asked about video games...what anime do you like?
i have quite a few series to catch up on myself~

anyway, welcome to avaricia!! i'm p new (also from dv) but glad that we're all here~

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:54 pm  

Bobbi wrote:

Hello, nice to meet you!

I usually cosplay from games and anime/manga, in about equal measure (though I’m planning an MCU Loki cosplay, so that would be my first film-related one if it works out). Most recently I did Mercy’s winged victory skin from Overwatch.

Re: video games, right now I’d say I like Overwatch, Fire Emblem, Nier: Automata, and some of the Assassin’s Creed games! May I ask what some of your favorite video games are?

I’m partial to black clothing!

Bobbi
Lead Admin

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:09 pm  

Favorite video games for me are usually in the realm of jrpgs. Final Fantasy (IV, VI, VIII, IX, X, XV with VI being my absolute favorite), the Xeno series (gears, saga, blade), Zelda series. Also animal crossing, Ace Attorney though not really jrpg. I really like the Disgaea series too.

Hey! Don't forget to join Avalyss Alpha testing! Even if you can't commit much time, that's fine! We need all playing styles!

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:11 pm  

Rainbow000Pegasus wrote:

Hello, thank you! I like your avatar, the sword is cool.
Sweet that we have some common interests! I can relate in respect to roleplay haha… it’s been a loooong time.

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:12 pm  

Ishnia wrote:

All hail queen miku... an icon tbh. (Hello fellow dv'ian.. I'm glad we're all here too.)

Some of my all time favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (by a wide margin), Kill la Kill, Kuragehime, NGE, and Howl's Moving Castle. Currently I'm only invested in Castlevania really. What anime do you like?

Jae

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:16 pm  

Hello Cleric! Welcome to Ava~

I'm a college student as well and listen to too much kpop haha!

Ishnia

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 pm  

Cleric wrote:
All hail queen miku... an icon tbh. (Hello fellow dv'ian.. I'm glad we're all here too.)

Some of my all time favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (by a wide margin), Kill la Kill, Kuragehime, NGE, and Howl's Moving Castle. Currently I'm only invested in Castlevania really. What anime do you like?
//chants mikumikumiku
yes yes! from one cozy community to another~

AHHH yes!! i happen to love both 2003 and brotherhood, but it is a series near and dear to my heart.
kill la kill was a wild ride and i enjoyed every second of it!! probably should rewatch it ;;
have yet to watch kuragehime or finish NGE -- but howl's moving castle is probably one of my fav studio ghibli films!

i've seen some screenshots of castlevania and it looks really good *v* i really like gintama and hxh! somehow, i'm pretty weak to generic shonen titles LOL
older ones like cowboy bepop/samurai champloo are nice too. my favorite short movie is probably Hotarubi no Mori e!
though i could probably go on forever about shows that i like im so weak ;;

Rainbow000Pegasus

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:49 pm  

Cleric wrote:
Rainbow000Pegasus wrote:

Hello, thank you! I like your avatar, the sword is cool.
Sweet that we have some common interests! I can relate in respect to roleplay haha… it’s been a loooong time.

Haha, thank you! When I saw this sword in the store, I thought to myself, " I HAVE TO GET THIS " and I think it was 3k or 4k Jades (the green currency)? It was so worth it though!!
What media do you draw with?

Also I read Castlevania-! Just the anime (the Netflix one, was it?) or games too?

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:07 pm  

Jae wrote:

Hello!

Ishnia wrote:

mikumikumikumiku
Yesss FMA is so good, and I love kill la kill, it's so dynamic. I've been meaning to rewatch it too?
Howl's Moving Castle is definitely my favorite ghibli film! What are some of your other favs?

Castlevania is excellent! The animation is lovely and the characters are charming imo. There's only four episodes right now but season 2 is coming out this week.

I don't know anything about gintama or hxh 0: I definitely want to watch cowboy bebob sometime though, and samurai champloo looks good to me too.

Rainbow000Pegasus wrote:

Just the anime (for now.....), you?
I draw with pencil/ink, as well as on paint tool sai with a bamboo tablet -- what do you use?

Ishnia

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:23 pm  

Cleric wrote:
mikumikumikumiku
Yesss FMA is so good, and I love kill la kill, it's so dynamic. I've been meaning to rewatch it too?
Howl's Moving Castle is definitely my favorite ghibli film! What are some of your other favs?

Castlevania is excellent! The animation is lovely and the characters are charming imo. There's only four episodes right now but season 2 is coming out this week.

I don't know anything about gintama or hxh 0: I definitely want to watch cowboy bebob sometime though, and samurai champloo looks good to me too.
mikudayooo
i'm crying //wishes for infinite free time to watch/rewatch anime ;;
my other top three would have to be spirited away, princess mononoke, and kiki's delivery service! there's still quite a few on my to-watch-list though ;;

gintama isn't too popular in the west? though lately it's been becoming a bit more noticed! it has all my heart LOL
hunterXhunter was really wonderful, but a wild ride LOL i miss them~

Rainbow000Pegasus

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:35 pm  

Cleric wrote:

Just the anime (for now.....), you?
I draw with pencil/ink, as well as on paint tool sai with a bamboo tablet -- what do you use?

For Castlevania I play the games (not a lot though) but I pretty much follow the storylines, until Judgement. Then after that I lost contact ahah.

I'm mostly a traditional artist, I use coloured pencils and starting to open up to markers as well. I do draw with pens too from time to time. Digitally, I use Medibang Paint (Pro) and a Intuos (I hope I spelled that right) Wacom tablet.

Cleric

Trade
View user's profileSend private messageReply with quote Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:07 pm  

Ishnia wrote:
I feel mikudayo in my bones??
Those are probably my next few favorite ghibli films too, but I also need to watch (and re-watch?) several... what would you most want to watch next?

Rainbow000Pegasus wrote:
Oh nice!
Colored pencils are cool?? I enjoy using pens and markers, but I prefer coloring digitally over traditionally. On the other hand, I prefer sketching and doing lineart traditionally, haha. My tablet is a wacom bamboo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avaricia Forum Index -> Newbie Spot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2